Monday 3 September 2012

Celebrations and Exultations


Well, it's been far too long since updating you all about my life on the new (now known as Home) planet. And what a few months it's been. The planet has been awash with red, white and blue with joyful celebrations by multitudes of aliens. Perhaps these were beamed to you across the ether. They have technology on this planet that makes such things possible. :)

First, the lady-monarch celebrated in a typically Home Planetarian way, amidst flowing water, weeping skies, scones, cream, jubilations in ancient village halls and cheering crowds on the highways and byways. What a wonder to behold and in a far more orderly fashion than anything I witnessed on the Southernmost Colony, although that may have changed now. My memories for some peculiar reason, still seem stuck back before the dawning of the new age of Britbokdom...bokkomdom?...pombokdom? and I find it hard to imagine that the colony too has leapt forward to embrace new technologies and food stuff like tapas and sushi and falafels. I feel a voyage across outer space is becoming necessary so that I don't entirely remember everything as if it's still a Colony stuck in the time of the Great Migration. I digress...

Following regal and stately celebrations, the Home Planet burst into life once more as aliens from across the galaxies began to arrive on space craft and various other modes of translocation, all impressive physical specimens bursting with rude health, testosterone and tattoos. Oh, how we were all gripped by spectacle of industry and music and undeveloped beings leaping about on mattresses, before the super human efforts of the Olympians began. They ran faster, jumped higher, twirled and rowed and splashed furiously, leaped from tall structures somersaulting and twisting while wearing impossibly tiny loin cloths and raising the blood pressure of adolescent beings (and some middle-aged beings too), or flung themselves about in their quest for the gold at the end of the four year long rainbow. I too spent hours in front of the great communication device watching physical endeavours the likes of which I've never seen before. Along with the natives, I watched sports I'd never even known existed and wondrous it was to behold.

Dullness and sadness then descended as we suffered withdrawal after the gleam of the gold, silver and bronze, but do not fear brave aliens, shortly thereafter another bunch of superhumans arrived. As I write they are now engrossed in leaping about breaking records and generally having a jolly good time. What we shall do once it's all over I know not...there's always the months and months of lead up to another over-hyped Christmas I suppose.

Amidst all the extraordinary achievements, I too had a little victory in the shape of a parchment sealing a literary pact and a promise of wondrous things to come. I have undergone a name change too and shall henceforth be known as Katy Krump with her own website at www.katykrump.co.uk and a Kindle edition of first document available from the great literary jungle known across the galaxies as Amazon. I hope you will cross the final frontier and BUY it and TELL the cosmos and beyond to BUY it etc. And for any book bloggers or other scribes of any nature, I am happy to promote said book, from this time forth to be known as Blue Dust:Forbidden, on any site and am available for interviews on radio and other technologies or to do guest musings/writings. If those from the Southernmost Colony know of ways in which to promote this work over there, please let the Britbok know.


And thus I bid you farewell as I return to my literary pursuits, writing the sequel! May the Force be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment